classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tuyển hậu tiến sỹ về đồng tiến hoà và kháng kháng sinh

poster
Administrator
A postdoctoral position in evolutionary mathematical/computational biology is available to work on project "Deciphering evolutionary trajectories to characterize emergence and dissemination of multidrug resistant Escherichia coli" in collaboration with the three following research groups located in Paris

SMILE group (Collège de France):
Guillaume Achaz & Amaury Lambert
http://www.lpsm.paris/smile

GEM group (Institut Pasteur):
Eduardo Rocha
http://research.pasteur.fr/en/team/microbial-evolutionary-genomics/

ERRA group (Institut Pasteur):
Philippe Glaser
https://research.pasteur.fr/en/team/microbial-evolutionary-genomics/

Antibiotic resistance is one of the most important threats to public health at the global level. Recent sequencing advances have led to the discovery of the genomic substrate responsible for resistance, found to require a sequence of several alterations in different genes/genomic regions. The project aims at understanding the most likely evolutionary path(s) --sequence(s) of mutations-- that lead to the emergence of antibiotic resistance in E. coli. The recruited post-doctoral fellow will be in charge of methodological developments, more specifically the set-up and implementation of a statistically robust and sound phylogenetic co-evolution framework to decipher relationship between mutations and antibiotic resistance, following previous works of the SMILE group (i.e. Behdenna et al, Syst Biol, 2016 ; Behdenna et al., in prep)

We are looking for a highly motivated post-doc with interest in co-evolution, phylogeny and probabilistic models. Applicants should have good background in evolutionary theory/molecular evolution as well as solid mathematical and computational skills. C programming would be welcome. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are desirable. Speaking French is not mandatory.

The project is funded by Inception and is led by the Institut Pasteur (i.e. GEM and ERRA groups) in collaboration with the Collège de France (i.e. SMILE group), two of the French most competitive research centers, both located in downtown Paris. The position is initially for one year, renewable once. It will be hosted at Collège de France.

Salary will be commensurate with experience and will range from 25 to 30 K€/yr (free of charge but before income tax) - schools and healthcare in France are cheap when not free.

Starting date is as soon as January 2020, but some flexibility can be arranged. Review of applications starts immediately and will continue until position is filled.

Questions should be sent to Guillaume ACHAZ<[hidden email]>

To apply please submit i) a cover letter summarizing research interests and expertise; ii) a CV; iii) a list of publications; and iv) names and contact information of two references, all in a single pdf document sent to both:

Guillaume Achaz<[hidden email]>
Amaury Lambert<[hidden email]>